Acceptance of Terms
impactChoice Ltd, ("impactChoice") provides the following service to you, subject to these Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated periodically without prior notice. Failure to comply with these TOS may result in account revocation.
Description of service
impactChoice provides a web-based service that allows its users to create and update online accounts relating to their environmental impact (herein referred to as "impactChoice", or the "Service"). The Service may be used through a web browser or by the use of downloadable clients (the "Software"). Once registered with impactChoice, each user receives his or her own account space to post text, data, messages, or information concerning or linked to their environmental impact (the "Content"). This Content may reside on impactChoice's servers or on the servers of a third party.
Your registration obligations
You agree to indemnify and hold impactChoice, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any alleged claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your Content, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another, whether you are a registered user or not. The user is solely responsible for his or her actions when using the Service, including, but not limited to, costs incurred for Internet access.
Special admonitions for international use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom, the United States, the Republic of South Africa, the Republic of Mauritius or the country in which you reside.
General practices regarding use and storage
You acknowledge that impactChoice may be required to send you emails regarding your use of the Service; however, we will never ask you to submit additional personal information or to verify the status of information related to your account in any such email. You acknowledge that impactChoice may establish limits concerning use of the Service and may modify these limits at any time.
Modifications to service
impactChoice reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice at any time. You agree that impactChoice shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
No resale of service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
You agree that impactChoice, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password or account, and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including and without limitation, the lack of use, or if impactChoice believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Any contracts, verbal or written or assumed, in conjunction with your deleted profile and all its parts, at impactChoice's discretion, will be terminated as well. impactChoice may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that impactChoice may immediately deactivate or delete your impactChoice profile and all related information and files. impactChoice reserves the right to bar any further access to such files or the Service. You agree that impactChoice shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service. Paid accounts that are terminated will not be refunded.
Advertisements and promotions
You understand and agree that some or all of the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for impactChoice to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that you will not obscure any advertisements from general view via HTML/CSS or any other means. By using the Service, you agree that impactChoice has the right to run such advertisements with or without prior notice, and without recompense to you or any other user. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by impactChoice on your Content and throughout the Service are subject to change at impactChoice's discretion. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that impactChoice shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service, or relevant third parties, may provide links to other web sites or resources. Because impactChoice has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that impactChoice is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that impactChoice shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
impactChoice proprietary rights
You acknowledge and agree that the Service, and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (referred to as "Software"), may contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable laws governing intellectual property, proprietary rights and the like. All impactChoice code and specifications, and all other code and specifications for the Software and the operation of the Service, are subject to their express or implied licenses. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by impactChoice or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Content, the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
Submission of Unsolicited Ideas and Information
You understand that all Content, including without limitation, all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. impactChoice does not control Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the validity of such Content. You also understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Should Content be found or reported to be in violation with, but not limited to, the following terms, it will be impactChoice's sole discretion as to what action should be taken.
You agree to NOT use the Service to:
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive to another's privacy (up to, but not excluding any address, email, phone number, or any other contact information without the written consent of the owner of such information), hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a impactChoice staff member or volunteer, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with impactChoice or any other person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass another person or company;
- Collect or store personal data about other users for business purposes;
- Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any governmental entity, group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades, and other weapons or incendiary devices;
- Use impactChoice as a forwarding service to another website;
- Allow usage by others in such a way as to violate impactChoice's TOS;
- Engage in commercial activities within impactChoice or on behalf of impactChoice without prior approval. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Displaying a banner that is designed to profit you or any other business or organization; and
- Displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their web sites.
- Employ tactics to prevent the full and complete display of advertisements on impactChoice pages. These include, but are not limited to, making profile style changes, customizations, or overrides that effectively block or substantially impair the display of advertisements on pages within the Service.
- Solicit passwords or personal identifying information for unintended, commercial or unlawful purposes from other users.
- Exceed the scope of the Service that you have signed up for; for example, accessing and using features that you do not have a right to use, or deleting, adding to, or otherwise changing other people's entries or other content when you have not been granted the privileges to do so.
- Make excessive or otherwise harmful automated use of the system.
If impactChoice determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any user is in violation of the TOS, impactChoice retains the right to terminate such user's account at any time without prior notice.
Volunteers and impactChoice.com
impactChoice appreciates the significant contributions made by volunteers, who assist impactChoice in its efforts to provide high quality, community driven online services. To help achieve this goal, impactChoice volunteers perform a variety of technical and non-technical tasks, including, but not limited to, programming, the creation of web-based content (HTML and other formats), graphic design, audio and/or visual content creation, technical writing, managing electronic data libraries and/or databases, technical support, reviewing, categorizing, legal assistance, archiving and/or forwarding electronic data, providing expert advice, administration, management, accounting, research, content creation, promotions, or other assignments, as needed. All volunteers are expected to be of legal age, or volunteering with the consent of a legal parent or guardian.
By accepting these TOS, any impactChoice member agrees that the intellectual Content created as a result of volunteer work for impactChoice constitutes intellectual property of impactChoice and that all rights in said Content shall vest in impactChoice at the time that it is created, to the extent permitted by law. If laws prevent such vesting, the volunteer makes assignment of all such rights to impactChoice at the time of creation. If laws prevent such assignment, the volunteer grants a perpetual world wide irrevocable license to impactChoice to use said Content. If laws prevent such licensing, the volunteer agrees never to sue impactChoice for the use of said Content.
The volunteer certifies that any electronic data he/she submits is his/her work and that to the best of the volunteer's knowledge, the electronic data is not claimed by another. The volunteer agrees to insure that any work provided is correct, error free and does not contain any inflammatory language, indecency or obscenities. Furthermore, if said work is found to be illegally presented, claimed, or forged, impactChoice may remove such material and, at impactChoice's discretion, seek action against the individual(s) from which the work originated. No impactChoice user is required to become a volunteer to this Service, and users without volunteer status will receive reasonable support and attention as well. Without the expressed written confirmation to the contrary, all impactChoice positions are assumed to be taken without pay or future consideration.
Disclaimer of warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
(a) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. impactChoice EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
(b) impactChoice MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
(c) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER LIABILITYTHAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
(d) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM impactChoice.com OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
Limitation of liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT impactChoice SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF impactChoice HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
U.S. Government restricted rights
The materials on impactChoice are provided with "RESTRICTED RIGHTS." Use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in applicable laws and regulations. Use of the materials by the U.S. Government constitutes acknowledgment of impactChoice's proprietary rights in them.
The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and impactChoice and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and impactChoice (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the TOS) and any prior representations by impactChoice. The laws of the United Kingdom shall govern the TOS and the relationship between you and impactChoice, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and impactChoice agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the United Kingdom. The failure of impactChoice to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Instructions on how to report violations of these Terms of Service may be located at the Service FAQ "How do I contact the Abuse team?" To expedite the processing of your report, please carefully follow these instructions.
impactChoice may at any time revise these Terms of Service by updating this posting. By using this Site, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to determine the then-current Terms of Service to which you are bound.